Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions about "Noise pollution"
1) What is Noise Pollution?
- Ans: Noise pollution means the disturbance produced in environment by undesirable sounds of various kinds.
2) What are the ill-effects of noise pollution?
1. Noise as nuisance and health hazard to human beings and other living things
2. Hearing loss
3. Interference with communication
4. Disturbance of sleep
6. Adverse effect on performance
7. Physiological effects
8. Accentuated effects on urban children, sick & elderly people under recuperation.
3) Restrictions / limits of noise level: (Timings etc.)
- Ans:Noise level in a public place shall not exceed 10 dB (A) above the ambient noise standard for the area or 75bB (A) whichever is lower. No horn should be allowed to be used at night (between 10.00 p.m. and 06.00 a.m.) in residential area except in exceptional circumstances. Crackers should not be burst between the above mentioned time slot.